When buying carpets for the home, you may be offered a carpet to cover the stairs by the saleswoman. The attractive appearance of the carpet and the smooth surface of the carpet are stepped on to make your home feel more comfortable. However, there are some things you should consider before covering the stairs with carpet. Moreover, installing carpet rugs on stairs is a little more difficult than on a flat floor. You also have to make sure the layer of carpet is firmly attached to the floor. This is because the risk of accidents due to slipping is quite large if one attaches the carpet. Cleanliness of the carpet that is installed also we must not forget. For that, we should call Carpet Care Specialists if we have trouble cleaning the carpet ourselves.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages that can help you make a decision when installing carpet on the steps.
• If your stairs are made of good, sturdy wood, carpeting can actually damage the surface of the wood. This is because you have to nail every corner of the stairs to make sure the carpet is firmly attached. As a result, your wood will perforate and damage its structure.
• Even though there are some carpets that have rough surfaces, carpet-ladder steps have the potential to cause the occupants to fall. The reason is that the sharp end of the stairs actually becomes blunt because it is covered by carpet. Thus, the feet are difficult to distinguish from the end of the stairs. However, falling from a ladder mounted carpet does feel softer than those that are not coated.
• The carpeted ladder certainly requires greater care. From cleaning, you have to use a vacuum cleaner that is held by your hand and clean it to every narrow corner.
In addition to some of the shortcomings above, installing a carpet on the stairs also gives several distinct benefits. For example:
• If you are disturbed by the sound of footsteps when going up and downstairs, then the carpet layer can provide significant benefits. The use of carpet to reduce noise has been widely applied to homes that are noisy or have a large number of family members.
• Covering the stairs with carpet is not as difficult as imagined. You can use the waterfall technique, which is by hanging the carpet from top to the end of the steps. Then, you can start nailing or gluing the bottom of the carpet to make it sticky. But not all types of carpet can be installed using this method.
• Installing carpet on stairs does not require a long time. For those who are experts, it only takes at least two minutes for one step.
• You need to install the carpet if your house is quite noisy. For example, near the highway, a busy road, or if many children live. Meanwhile, the choice of a beautiful carpet motif can make your stairs look different and refresh the interior of the house.